Sweaters are packed away and Cotton is our go to fabric.
Suede Shoes are a no no and Umbrellas are a yes yes.
Greasy creams are out and Serums are in.
Weather is warming up and it’s time to update. An update from the thick greasy winter products to light weight serums.
The scorching heat can take a toll on our skin and extreme summers can cause irreparable damage, oily skin gets oilier & dry skin gets patchy. There are breakouts and pimples, rashes and roughness and acne just wouldn’t go away.
Few simple changes in our everyday skin care regime and we are all set to glow through this season too.
Best Summer Picks-
Here are quick and easy update to an existing regime for summer days.
Body washes make us feel we’ve just stepped out of a spa. For summers, it is best to opt for a body wash that is refreshing, cooling and soothing.
– The Body Shop’s Satsuma Shower Gel- is soap-free and lather-rich citrusy fragrance gel best for summers. This keeps skin hydrated and little product go a long way.
– Sebamed Cleansing Shower Oil, PH 5.5 – is a parabeen free, doesn’t strip skin of natural moisture also maintains the PH level. Best for dry sensitive skin.
– Dove Go Fresh Nourishing Body Wash- has a cooling effect and promises to be better than milk for the skin. It sure gives a noticeable smother skin after one wash.
Body Scrubs are as important as our face scrubs. Sometimes cleansing is just isn’t enough. Turns out that our bodies need exfoliating as much as our face. Twice a week use of body scrubs minimizes the appearance of large pores, allow the moisturizer to work better and prevent ingrown hair.
– Body Shop British Rose Exfoliating Gel Body Scrub- is a gel based body scrub. This scrub has great fragrance and removes every bit of dirt and grime from the skin resulting in smoother and fresh skin.
– Forest Essential Body Polisher Cane Sugar and Tamarind- is the best body polishing scrub with tan removal properties. Super moisturizing and has a citrus-y fragrance.
Face wash/ Cleanser-
Save all the strong face washes for the night. A gentle face wash or mostly a cleanser is ideal to include in our morning skincare routine. Gentle cleansers do not strip skin of its natural oils and maintains the PH level.
– Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser- is a gentle, fragrance free cleanser that won’t clog pores. This is a non irritating formulation recommend by dermatologists and pediatricians.. A cleanser for normal/sensitive, dry/very dry, baby/infant skin and those with acne, eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
– Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser- is the best cleanser for all skin types especially for acne prone skin. Even if yours is not an acne prone skin, Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser will work wonders. We face humidity, pollution and dirt almost every day and this formula cleanses deep down into pores, dissolving dirt, oil and makeup.
Serums are thin, light weight, watery essence that infuses efficient ingredients deep into the skin. Serum absorbs quickly and there are no traces whatsoever, it is basically your skin but better.
-The Face Shop Chia Seed Moisture Recharge Serum-
It is transparent yet non-sticky serum that seeps in quickly and makes the skin supple, soft and glowing. Oily skinned people can skip it altogether.
-Aloe Vera Gel- Aloes Vera gel works great as a serum and the skin absorbs it in seconds. With natural ingredients it hydrates the skin and gives a healthy glow.
It is important to consider all the steps so that the moisturizer glides without clogged pores. Summer creams or moisturizers need to be light, refreshing and soothing and preferably with SPF depending on the plan of action for the day.
-Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF- provides different variants for different skin types. It is by far the best light weight moisturizer. It has no fragrance, does not give any allergies or breakouts. Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer glides easily on the skin with no traces, leaving the skin soft and supple.
-Cetaphil Moisturizer- is non greasy, non- irritating, non comedogenic (does not clog pores). Free from parabens, lanolins and fragrance, this product is suitable for all skin types and is also available for different skin types.
Sunscreen protects our skin against both UVA and UVB rays. UVA rays has a pretty long wave and is considered to be the most damaging to underlying skin cells activating pre-mature aging process, skin pigmentation and wrinkling. 90% of the wrinkles are usually caused by the sun damage. This is the most important product you need before stepping out.
-Neutrogena Ultra sheer Dry Touch Sun block SPF 50- is an oil free, water resistant, sweat proof and dermatologist tested sunscreen. Suitable for all skin types.
Read More about Best Sunscreen- http://www.yourbeautybenefits.com/11-best-sunscreen-lotions-and-creams-for-men-and-women/
-Aroma Magic Aloevera sunscreen- is refreshing and transparent gel formulation. 100% free of oxybenzone, parabeen, harsh chemicals, alcohol and artificial fragrance. Contains cucumber extracts which soothes sunburn and provide smart sun protection.
Just like our face need protection from harmful sun rays our bodies requires protection too. So while opting for body lotions, we need to make sure we consider the ones with SPF.
-Body Shop Vitamin E Day Lotion with SPF 30 and PA+++ is a moisturizer that you can swear by. A light weight formulation with SPF 30 and PA +++ rating. Body Shop Vitamin E Day Lotion keeps the skin hydrated for more than 30 hours.
1) FACE MIST-
Face mist is one of the most versatile skincare products you can add to your arsenal. It is not just water in a fancy bottle but is a great way to refresh and hydrate our face. Face mists are life savers when we are out there either in scorching heat or in an office setting. It is definitely a must for a healthy glow and to avoid dullness throughout the day.
– The Face Shop Chia Seed No Shine Hydrating Water- is a refreshing alcohol free toner that removes excess oil and leaves the skin hydrated and refreshed.
– MAC Fix + Spray- is a multipurpose spray that one can carry. This works great as a makeup primer, as a refreshing hydrating spray during the day and also to keep the makeup intact till the end of the day. Infused with green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi gives a radiant glow throughout the day.
Find in nearest MAC Store
2) FACE COOLING MASK-
On a free day, we tend to relax, give ourselves luxurious treatments and prep our skin for the coming week. Face Masks are total game changer if you are heading to a party after work or prepping the skin. It transforms a dull looking face to a radiant one.
– O3+ Sulphur Cooling Mask- gives you an instant glow. It reduces the appearance of acne marks and prevents future acne breakouts. Best suited for Normal to oily, acne prone skin.
-Body Shop Japanese Matcha Tea Pollution Clearing Mask- is a creamy green colored mask which extracts all the pollutants and leaves a soft supple glow.
Do share with us your favorite products this summer.